Wednesday 13 February 2013

Sketches of Myrtle

I have done some small sketches of Myrtle that represent my first impressions of her. This will help me to develop her character, but also help me when looking at other fine art photography and paintings that have a link with my personal view of her.

Brainstorm drawing of Myrtles character
Now, taking my brainstorm a little to the next level, I have drawn a further image which shows my initial idea of her character as a whole.


My first drawing of Myrtle. I imagine her as she is described, and tried to draw out the main things that caught my attention when I imagine her; lower class, large hips, large eyes, messy hair, fashion that is bright colours and not as elegant as characters such as Daisy. This drawing therefore shows my initial interpritation of her. After researching enough background information relating to her character, I feel like I have got to know Myrtle better and began to connect with her when I start drawing out my ideas of her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment