Monday 25 February 2013

Making death fashionable...

In the same way I have had to look at how to make bruises editorial, I am also doing the same for the scene where Myrtle dies. I have chosen this scene because it shows the drastic change in emotion and mood that I need to portray from the novel. Its a key moment in the novel, something that shouldn't be missed out when interpreting the text into images.

So looking at images that represent death in a fashionable way is actually quite interesting! I have put together a collage of images and also found some online that have helped me consider how to shoot my image. Making death look fashionable is very effective. 




Looking at images that I seem to be inspired by, there is a clear theme of dark colours, model composition, facial expression, body language and accessories. The location is also very important, as is the time of day and the landscape because it creates the mood and sets the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment