Wednesday 20 February 2013

Contemporary 1920's Fashion Trend Moodboard


Reflecting on the trends of 1920's womens fashion, I have now made a moodboard of current trends that have been inspired by this era.


The types of clothing I have looked at are flapper dresses. Myrtle represents the idea of a flapper girl, therefore this style is very suitable for her. However, after looking at these styles I have come to the conclusion that they are too embellished to be for Myrtle because they represent a more expensive look. Myrtle's dress is a lot more toned down because of her wealth. The colours are very suitable for her character though, especially the orange and khaki green style. The hat also works because she is often referred to as wearing a head scarf quite often. The representation of these outfits still works when looking at the combination of 1920s fashion and contemporary style, which will help me a lot with my styling for Myrtle.




No comments:

Post a Comment