Saturday 23 February 2013

Black Eyes and Broken Noses - The Fashion Way


The final images that I am to produce are fashion images. I have chosen my three scenes in the novel that I want to shoot, showing a series of change in expression, location and emotion from the model and the set up. However, one of my scenes is when Myrtle has her nose broken by Tom; he hits her in the face when she mentions Daisy's (Tom's wife) name "in a childish way".

Creating fashion images is also about the makeup, the hair and the styling. The position of the models must be 'fashionable', telling a story but still looking beautiful and modelesque at the same time. Creating a broken nose and a black eye on the models face would make the image look as if it were for the theatre of film, not a high end fashion magazine. Therefore, I have looked at some images in high fashion magazines that I think could represent the idea of a broken nose and a black eye - showing the beaten up look but making it beautiful. It will be all about the postitioning of the model and the styling, which will determin the mood and the emotion more so than the makeup. 

Here are some fashion images that I have found which for me determin the 'beauten up' fashion look:

Bruise Inspired Eye Makeup
Bulgarian Fashion Magazine - Black Eye Editorial Shoot
Model: Heather Morris, Photographer: Tyler Shields - 'Bruised Barbie'.
Purple Eye Makeup - Editorial

Purple Eye Makeup - Editorial

Photographer: Samson Poon, 'Veronika' - Bruised Eye Makeup

Photographer - Sasha Samsonov
Dark Purple Eye Makeup
Creating a look like these examples to produce black eyes and broken noses will still keep the shoots on the fashion trend. If I were to create a look that exposed the full effects of being beaten up it would make it look too theatrical instead of editorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment